Hey there, horror aficionados. Prepare yourselves, because the news rippling through the cinematic world isn't just big; it's a seismic shift that could redefine an entire genre. Kiyoshi Kurosawa, the Japanese maestro whose psychological thrillers like *Cure* and *Pulse* have etched themselves into our very souls, is embarking on an unprecedented journey. Announced in late July 2025, he’s venturing into his first-ever **jidaigeki** – a samurai-era film. But before you picture epic sword clashes and sprawling battlefields, hit pause. Because this isn't that kind of samurai tale. (Honestly, when I first heard it, my mind went straight to slow-burn dread in kimonos. And boy, was I right.) Kurosawa himself hinted at the quiet revolution, stating, "I may finally be able to make my samurai film… although things are still uncertain." He made it unequivocally clear: this project won't rely on the theatricality of sword fights or vast, open sets. Instead, prepare ...
Comments
Post a Comment